Editorial Coordinator for VII Insider
A new position at The VII Foundation working for VII Insider
VII Insider is a free online platform for public debate and discussion to advance the production and analysis of photography, documentary stories, and visual journalism. VII Insider offers regular live presentations, an extensive video archive of talks, and publishes the best writing on the role of images in Dispatches: The VII Insider Blog. VII Insider is a program of The VII Foundation in partnership with PhotoWings.
About The VII Foundation
The VII Foundation’s mission is to transform visual journalism by empowering new voices and creating stories that advocate change. In a world where beliefs and actions are increasingly out-of-sync with facts and realities, transforming visual journalism is an urgent task.
The VII Foundation’s work begins with the educational programs of the VII Academy; at its heart, it involves the production of long-form projects and documentary films and includes VII Insider, our free online platform for public debate and discussion of the issues central to visual journalism.
The VII Foundation is a US-based 501c3 non-profit organization. With the support of our partners, the VII Foundation strives to create a broader picture of the world that fosters a more democratized global conversation to challenge established gatekeepers and disturb conventional narratives.
Who you are
We are looking for an organized, collaborative self-starter with experience administering and coordinating projects, preferably in the world of photography and visual journalism. You will handle the logistics and processes that make VII Insider work, and there is scope for this position to grow into an enhanced content role.
The successful applicant will be working closely with, and reporting to, Dr. David Campbell, the director of VII Insider. This position is for a part-time contractor (24 hours per week). You can work in The VII Foundation’s offices in Arles, France, and Sarajevo, Bosnia Herzegovina, or remotely, preferably in a time zone between GMT -7 and GMT +2. Salary is dependent on experience.
- Identify, schedule, and liaise with weekly event participants
- Write and illustrate event text and participant profiles
- Create Zoom webinars and publish event and profile web pages
- Provide promotional material to the communications manager for social media posts
- Manage the running of weekly Zoom webinars
- Ensure participants are paid for their work
- Coordinate the production and publication of event videos and transcriptions
- Keep Airtable records of event videos and transcripts for our partners
- Manage email correspondence to VII Insider
- Write, edit, and distribute weekly Mailchimp newsletters
- Support the commissioning and publication of new articles for the VII Insider blog
- Help research current issues in photography and visual journalism
- Assist with editorial strategy
- Contribute to outreach to partners for content and distribution
- A positive, responsive, collaborative attitude with participants and colleagues
- High-level communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to multi-task under pressure and cope with unexpected developments
- The desire to work independently and take responsibility for a range of tasks
- Demonstrable experience working with a range of applications and software, including Slack, Asana, Zoom, WordPress, Mailchimp, AirTable, and others
- Fluency in professional English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of contemporary issues in photography and visual journalism
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification
To apply for this position, please upload your CV (including two references who will be contacted) and Cover Letter to this folder. Applications close on Monday 12 June 2023 at 23:59 EDT. Please send questions to [email protected].