The VII Foundation is currently hiring for two roles:
Administrative Assistant at The VII Foundation in Arles, France, and Operations Manager at VII Academy in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Administrative Assistant, the vii foundation european headquarters, arles
The VII Foundation is recruiting an Administrative Assistant in Arles, France, to support in the administrative management, production and development of VII Academy, both in person and online.
About The VII Foundation
The VII Foundation’s mission is to transform visual journalism by empowering new voices and creating stories that advocate change. In a world where beliefs and actions are increasingly out-of-sync with facts and realities, transforming visual journalism is an urgent task.
The VII Foundation’s work begins with the educational programs of the VII Academy; at its heart, it involves the production of long-form projects and documentary films and includes VII Insider, our free online platform for public debate and discussion of the issues central to visual journalism.
The VII Foundation is a US-based 501c3 non-profit organization. With the support of our partners, the VII Foundation strives to create a broader picture of the world that fosters a more democratized global conversation to challenge established gatekeepers and disturb conventional narratives.
Who you are
The successful candidate will be versatile and flexible, and willing to help support the team in whatever way necessary for success. You possess organizational skills, a can-do attitude, rigour in every task, and be responsive. Occasionally you’ll be asked to help with events outside of normal working hours. Every week will be different; this is not a job for those who wish to punch in and out of work every day.
You will be working with Marianne Tollie, CFO and Executive Assistant to the CEO; Yonola Viguerie, Manager of Operations for The Alexandra Boulat Campus; and Amber Maitland, Managing Editor at The VII Foundation.
- Receiving and mediating visitors, customers, and vendors at The Alexandra Boulat Campus
- Following up with new contacts and partners
- Supporting the production of new exhibition held on campus or at other locations, and assisting with tours and visits
- Assisting with the monthly accounting reports for the campus
- Assisting the CFO with basic spreadsheet and accounting work
- Helping the CEO’s Executive Assistant in various admin and operating duties
- Leading and training seasonal interns
- Completing clerical work related to operating VII Academy programs, both in person and online
- Database management of personal information pertaining to registration and attendance
- Administration of our online teaching platform
- Managing student and tutor information
- Scheduling and calendaring VII Academy programming both internally and externally
- Communicating relevant information to students, teachers and other involved parties
- Managing student-submitted assets and projects
- Assisting with opening calls online for application and managing the selection process with guest judges
- Demonstrable experience working with a range of applications and software, including Slack, Asana, Zoom, WordPress, Mailchimp, AirTable, and others
- Proven experience dealing with sensitive personal information
- Customer service experience a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and writing skills
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Proficiency in the Creative Cloud Package or similar software.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Current driving license valid in France
- Must reside in Arles, France and work in person at The Alexandra Boulat Campus (applicants who are able to relocate will be considered but preference given to those already resident in the area. No compensation is offered for relocation costs).
This position is full-time employed in France (Arles). This is a junior position and salary will be based on experience.
To apply for this position, please upload your CV (including two references who will be contacted) and Cover Letter to this folder. Applications close on Monday, 14 September 2023, at 23:59 EDT. Please send questions to [email protected].
Operations Manager, VII Academy, Sarajevo
The VII Foundation is hiring an Operations Manager to run VII Academy’s Sarajevo Campus. This person will be in charge of administration, including finance and budgeting, as well as day-to-day scheduling and organization.
Who You Are
A master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude; a helpful, reliable and positive presence in the workplace. You should have a genuine desire to meet the needs of others, be able to work flexible hours, be at ease with working in an international environment. With experience in or personal interest in the nonprofit sector, you have a genuine interest in photography, and/or journalism and media, and/or education and culture. With the ability to work well under limited supervision, you are always prepared and responsive, willing to meet each challenge directly.
- Handling organizational and clerical support tasks
- Managing the office: maintaining campus common areas, answering phone calls and other communications, greeting visitors, including students and tutors, and taking care of office equipment and supply inventory
- Managing files and updating paperwork
- Scheduling appointments and setting up meetings
- Organizing domestic and international travel
- Basic bookkeeping including: data entry, processing and recording transactions, assisting in preparation of financial reports and budgets, following up on realized versus budget, assisting with audits or fact-checking, resolving discrepancies. An understanding of basic accounting principles is required, as well as proficiency with computers and software, such as Excel and ideally Quickbooks.
- Supporting the director in coordinating events, especially educational workshops and exhibitions. This will require handling all pre-event logistics, including imports and deliveries, greeting visitors during the event and handling all post-event logistics.
- Writing reports, both for external and internal use, and finalizing documents; creating presentations; and conducting research.
- Drafting contracts and budgets with the director
- Creating and maintaining databases
- Assisting the director in fundraising activities: researching potential sponsors; assisting in pitching to open calls, drafting proposals, and creating ideas.
- Excellent computer skills, especially in word processing and spreadsheets. Ability to work in Microsoft and MAC environments. Asana, Slack, and Airtable a plus.
- Fully proficient in English: must excel at both verbal and written communication
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, as well as prior experience in office administration and managementThis position is a contract position, renewable, part-time (25 hours a week) for 6 months in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. Salary is based on experience.
To apply for this position, please upload your CV and cover letter (in English) to this folder. Applications close on August 24, 2023 at 2359 EDT, but they will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we encourage you to apply early. Please send questions to [email protected].