This March, join Ed Kashi for a 3-day intensive workshop to learn about what photography means to you in the context of visual storytelling. A member of VII Photo Agency, Kashi has been recognized for his complex imagery and its compelling rendering of the human condition. He is also a dedicated educator and mentor, who will challenge participants in this workshop to find stories within themselves and to create compelling photo stories.
Some of the topics in this workshop include:
– How to represent yourself pictorially by photographing a detail in your home.
– Personal history and telling a story of your life through images.
– Keeping in close by approaching and photographing someone you have access to.
– Discovering stories in your own backyard, and finding new ways to see and photograph them.
– How to use social media and image sharing platforms to curate and publish visual stories.
This workshop is part of Stories That Matter, a series of screenings, discussions and workshops that look at the societal and cultural aspects of our world.